internetworkers - [internetworkers] Seriously condidering a Crackberry..

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Seriously condidering a Crackberry..
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 10:16:21 -0400

Ok, Blackberry users.. now that the lawsuit is behind RIM I'm considering a blackberry.  I like the bluetooth models and I consider the bluetooth tech a must.  Questions:

1. Can a bluethooth wireless keyboard be used to enter data (and bluetooth mouse as well)?
     (think folding bluetook keyboard like http://www.thinkoutside.com/stowawaybt_product.html)
2. what are the real costs of using a blackberry?  Does "minutes" rack up for sending e-mails, web browsing?  If so what kind of plan does one need to avoid costly "extra" minutes taken up by things other then phone conversations?
3. I see that the blackberrys can be controlled and synched on the Mac, but what about Linux?  XP is a no-brainer I'm sure
4. Has anyone synched a berry with *gasp*, *cough* Lotus Notes?

There will probably be more questions coming, but that's a start.

Greg