internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] What do you do when your Mac locks up?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] What do you do when your Mac locks up?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:42:32 -0400

On 4/12/06, Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com> wrote:

> to resort to powering it down. As much hate as Windows gets on this list I
> have to say that I can always kill an out of control process on a PC without
> rebooting.
Then you've been lucky. I can't speak to your Mac problem but I have
had more than one occasion where WinXP and Win2K computers are so
"stuck" that I have no choice but to shut them off with NO chance of
killing an out of control process (or three).

Lyman

--
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,