internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mash-ups and IP - Friday, March 24

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mash-ups and IP - Friday, March 24
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:32:30 -0500

I have been listening to both of these artists' stuff for about a year
now and I really hope I can make both the show and talk, but that talk
is unfortunately kinda early on a work day. Damnation!

DJ C has some really excellent mixes on the net (his series of Bounce
mixes for different cities is excellent).

Lyman

On 3/20/06, Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> What: Wayne Marshall (aka Wayne&Wax) talks about music, mash-ups and
> intelectual property.
> Where: Freedom Forum, Carroll Hall, UNC Campus
> When: 3pm Friday, March 24.
>
> Wayne Marshall is an ethnomusicologist and musician from Boston who has
> written
> extensively about remixing, mash-up, musical innovation and copyright on his
> blog (http://wayneandwax.blogspot.com) and the riddim method
> (http://riddimmethod.net/). Wayne will be talking about and giving examples
> of
> sample-based music including mash-up, and how current intelectual property
> laws
> effect the creation and spread of these genres.
>
> DJ C owner of record labels Mashit (http://www.mashit.com) and Beat Research
> (http://beatresearch.com) will be joining Wayne to bring another
> perspective to
> the mix.
>
> Wayne and DJ C will also be playing a show at the Local 506 in Chapel Hill
> on
> Thursday March 23.

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day. (King Henry, IV.iii)