internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] are composite and componet video cables the same

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "G.Wolfe Woodbury" <ggw AT wolves.durham.nc.us>
  • To: stan AT StanBriggs.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] are composite and componet video cables the same
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:24:36 -0500

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 06:10:21PM -0500, stan briggs wrote:
> all,
>
> surely somewhere in this wide-ranging group is an A/V expert.
>
> I'm trying to use red-white-yellow (composite) cables to carry
> red-green-blue (component) signals. should this work?
>
> if not are there recommendations on local cable suppliers?
>
> thanks,
> stan

As long as you have three connectors, and RCA male plugs on the end, it
doesn't care what the signal is. In a pinch I've used AV cables to
carry component signals and vice versa. The component cables tend to be
more expensive and higher bandwidth, but tha't not likely to make much
of a difference.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury `- -'
RHCT U