internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Need Help Troubleshooting HTML Page

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Need Help Troubleshooting HTML Page
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:45:11 -0500

John Broome wrote:
People still use Netscape?

Of course. Many people continue to use Netscape 4 or 7. I use 7
as my no-Javascript browser and email client. When I need the
bank or something that a bozo wrote that doesn't have non-JS
version, I switch to IE for that session.
Once you get familiar with something and it does all you want
to do, it doesn't make any sense to ever upgrade does it? Most
people are not early adopters and use whatever was on their
machine originally. As a geek, I find this very confusing, but
I can't refute their experiences.

I tend to use a number of browsers in work and I like to mess
with new, exciting technology, but most people do not like it. It
makes them very nervous to have someone upgrade their applications.
I had to install a new hard drive for Miss Hunt and upgraded her
OS and Netscape. It was very painful for her, but she seems to
be doing okay now. It was very painful for me as the house geek
until she got familiar with the new applications. It was a
struggle. We geeks don't have enough empathy for the people who
really don't like to learn to use the upgraded applications.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.