internetworkers - [internetworkers] [Fwd: Chapel Hill PC Setup Volunteer Need]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Ray Reitz <rreitz AT chccs.k12.nc.us>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [Fwd: Chapel Hill PC Setup Volunteer Need]
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:31:07 -0500

To Internetworkers:

I'm posting this message for Ray Reitz <rreitz AT chccs.k12.nc.us>.
Ray is the contact person.

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, www.rtpnet.org, Chapel Hill, NC
--------------------------

Do you have computer setup and troubleshooting skills?

We're looking for a few volunteers
to help with a community-based computer project.

The Chapel Hill Training Outreach Project supports mini computer labs in
the community rooms of three public housing communities in Chapel Hill.
These computers are used during an after school program providing
students with a structured environment to work on homework and other
academic enrichment activities.

We are seeking individuals to help re-configure the PCs in these centers
and to provide periodic tech support. The labs have 4-6 computers. Each
center is needing an individual to serve as a primary and back-up tech
support contact. These individuals would first re-configure the PCs so
they can access the internet and school resources and print on printers
in the center. After the computers are configured, we would like the
volunteer to check in once or twice a month to be sure the computers are
working.

Proficiency with basic PC setup, Windows OS, and basic networking is
required.

If you live in the Chapel Hill area, have some technical skills, and
desire to help a program that is making a big difference in the lives of
students in public housing, we'd like to talk to you.

Please contact Dr. Ray Reitz, Chief Technology Officer, Chapel
Hill-Carrboro City Schools.

(919) 967-8211, x249
rreitz AT chccs.k12.nc.us

For more information about the Chapel Hill Training Outreach
Project/Orange County Family Resource Centers:
http://www.chtop.org/raising.htm

All email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and
disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.

  • [internetworkers] [Fwd: Chapel Hill PC Setup Volunteer Need], Judy Hallman, 11/21/2005