internetworkers - [internetworkers] Participate in World Usability Day for a chance to win one of two $50 cash prizes

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rick Cecil <rickcecil AT gmail.com>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Participate in World Usability Day for a chance to win one of two $50 cash prizes
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:59:29 -0500

Thursday, November 3rd, is World Usability Day -- an international event created to promote the benefits of developing products that have a great user experience. Events are being held in 100 locations throughout the world, including RTP. For more information about World Usability Day events in the Triangle, please visit triux.org <http://www.triux.org/>.

In honor of World Usability Day, we're sponsoring a "Usability Ticketing" contest. The winners (there will be 2) of the contest will receive $50 cash each. Find the ticket and the full instructions on how to enter the contest here: http://www.triux.org/usability-ticket/

What is usability, you ask? Think about products that never work the way you expect. You press one button expecting the thing to start and instead it turns off. That's a usability issue. A product can also have good usability; from something as simple as a door that opens how you expect it to open to a cell phone that makes calling your friends super-easy.

The deadline to be considered for the contest is Thursday at noon. We'll hold a drawing of all the entries Thursday afternoon and announce the winners during the usability ticket review at the event Thursday night. The only catch is that you must attend the event in order to receive the cash. If you don't show, you don't get the dough. (Yeah, definitely not one of my better attempts at a rhyme.)

The event is this Thursday, November 3, from 6pm to 9pm @ MCNC. For directions, visit http://www.triux.org/mcnc/. More details about the event can be found here: http://www.triux.org/2005/10/its-almost-here/

Email me, Rick Cecil @ rick AT triux.org, if you have any questions. I'm on the digest, so do email me directly so that I can answer your question as quickly as possible.'

Thanks!
Rick

PS For those who have been reading the triux.org blog, we have made a few changes to the contest: the deadline has been extended; and we are now holding a random drawing of entries instead of looking for the most interesting ticket.

  • [internetworkers] Participate in World Usability Day for a chance to win one of two $50 cash prizes, Rick Cecil, 11/01/2005