internetworkers - [internetworkers] Suspicious monthly reminder for a Mailman list

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Suspicious monthly reminder for a Mailman list
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:01:45 -0400

To Triangle Internetworkers:

I received a Mailman monthly reminder for the list

Bsttwauction AT burnsurvivorsttw.org

I am not a member of that list. I have not clicked the links. I think they might be virus infected. Is there a way to tell? I have not received any messages from this list, that I know of.

Do you know of a good way to check this out? The domain registration looks real.

The message contains:

http://burnsurvivorsttw.org/mailman/options/bsttwauction_burnsurvivorsttw.org/hallman%40rtpnet.org

Note that the listname in the URL is not the same.

gives
No such list bsttwauction

gives
No such list bsttw_auction_burnsurvivorsttw.org