internetworkers - [internetworkers] looking for an into to Arabic book

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] looking for an into to Arabic book
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:23:42 -0400

I need to find a book that has the basic stuff: basic script
deciphering, how to read basic script, basic pronunciation, etc.
There are *LOTS* of books on Amazon, most with 4 star ratings, and I
don't have the money or time for all of them so I am looking for
suggestions.

I am more interested in the Arabic used today rather then the
traditional, historical Arabic of the Qur'an.

Any thoughts, pointers? Also, once the basics are covered does anyone
have a suggestion for a Arabic to English dictionary?

Greg