internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] no more property rights (does anybody care?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Marcia <msmartin AT ccbeunet.br>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] no more property rights (does anybody care?)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:14:31 -0300

Going home yesterday, after learning about this court decisions, I looked at
that now "island house" on the corner of Davis Dr. and Morrisville-Carpenter
(I think). Where the new strip mall developer is literally building around
the
property, since they probably refused to sell. I wondered; how long before
the
new builder gets Morrisville to kick that family out, so they can add about
10
more parking places to their parking lot.

Sad!!!

Quoting DonBartholf AT aol.com:

> I'm profoundly shocked and disturbed by this decision. Taking someones
> property for the common good is bad enough, taking it for private
> development
> is so
> very wrong. I wonder if we will see public support for those homeonwers if
> they choose to make a stand.
>
> Don B.

WebMail Litoral Internet
www.litoral.com.br