internetworkers - [internetworkers] Where to buy a switch local?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Where to buy a switch local?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:42:23 -0400

I'm in need.

Of all things to happen my 16 port SMC 10/100 switch (SMC-EZ6516TX) up and died on me today. Forget about CompUSA, Best Buy or Circuit City, where is a good place to buy a switch in the Triangle?

Ideally I would like to find a decent 'workgroup' 16 port gigabit unmanaged switch. Yes, I actually have plans to use that much bandwidth in the home. :) Any thoughts? I'm open to advice on brands as well. I'm a bit sour on SMC at this point and am leaning towards D- Link but still have an open mind.

--
Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1