internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] What type of English do you speak?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] What type of English do you speak?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:04:09 -0400

On Apr 28, 2005, at 12:51 PM, Lyman Green wrote:

I dunno. I never heard the term pop used until I came south. It was
exclusively soda in New England where I grew up. Which I'm pretty
sure is as Yankee as you get.

I never heard the term "soda" until I moved out of Ohio, which its exclusively "pop". "Soda" to mean means "baking soda".

michael at czeiszperger dot org | "Kindness knows no shame"
Chapel Hill, NC USA | -- S. Wonder