internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Web monitor?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Matt Pusateri" <mpusateri AT wickedtrails.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Web monitor?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:58:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, April 27, 2005 8:32 am, Tony Spencer said:
> Can anyone recommend a web monitoring service? I just want something
> inexpensive that tries port 80 on a server every 10 minutes or so and
> sends
> me an email and SMS if it doesn't respond.
>
> I wrote my own script but it isn't foolproof.
>
> Tony

I don't know who does this as a service. But I use Nagios to do this
for all our servers, printers, etc. I hear openNMS is also good as
well. I realize this doesn't answer your question, but I figured if
you had a box that your own script could run on, you might be able to
run you own monitoring software as well. I be willing to steer you in
the right direction if you go the nagios route and have problems.

Matt Pusateri