internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mozilla Sunbird and WebDav

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mozilla Sunbird and WebDav
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:59:49 -0400

I've gone back and forth with this as well. In it's current implementation, the 'calendar' plugin for firefox (which is what Sunbird sprang from) seems to be a bit more stable for published calendars.

The way I made it work was this -- use iCal to publish your calendar via ftp to get the file created. Then and only then use the Mozilla calendar to read/write to the file. If you attempt to publish it originally through calendar or Sundbird, there seems to be no way to delete it and it simply doesn't work. I had it working for awhile, but I eventually gave up until a more stable version is available.

If you're really after shared calendars, you might try one of the free ical share type sites -- they work fine if you're ok with random joe site having your calendar data.

Evan