internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] used computer

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] used computer
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:16:27 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 DonBartholf AT aol.com wrote:
You could probably put Linux on it and get some use out of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=5168947354
Thats the most expensive item I've ever seen on E-bay ($400,000 for a used
Cray Super Computer) 5 years old and no guarentee that it can reassembled, I
don't think its plug and play so getting it set up will be fun. I wonder if
anyone who needed such computing power could come up with the funds in five
days or
would take the risk. Anyway, I'm watching this item and will report the
selling price in 5 days.I bet you were looking for a new laptop anyway!

I think I'd rather have a 125 node xServer cluster and money left over...

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport