internetworkers - [internetworkers] Feb. Gathering - Raleigh

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Feb. Gathering - Raleigh
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:59:09 -0500 (EST)

sorry about the late announcement, but no one fielded the request last
week and I simply forgot...

What: InterNetWorkers February 2005 Gathering
When: this Thursday, February 3, 2005, at 7:00 p.m.
Where: Cafe Cyclo
2020 Cameron Street, in Cameron Village
919-829-3773
Why: Because February is FINALLY here... ;)

If memory (and a quick search of the archives) serves me well, then we've
been to Cafe Cyclo just once. The atmosphere is cozy, the food is good,
and the penguins seemed to like it:
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/penguins/

Cafe Cyclo:
cafe by day, lounge by night:
http://triangle.citysearch.com/profile/35708856
bring your laptop and enjoy wireless Internet service:
http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/loc/7/2469137.php
Notice: The domain, cafecyclo.com, no longer belongs to them;
they're working on a new site, but right now nothing is up.

Directions:
http://pl1.nandomedia.com/cgi-bin/mqinterconnect?streetaddress=2020%20Cameron%20St%2e&zip=27605
(or the TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/7x3du )

Apex:
- take US-64 East (or US-1 North to US-64 East)
- which merges straight into I-440 (at the I-40 overpass)
- take Exit 4 for Wade Ave
- after approx. 1.5 miles take the Oberlin Rd exit, toward Cameron
Village
- turn right/south on Oberlin Rd
- after approx. 0.5 mile you should see Cameron Village on the left
- turn left onto Cameron St, at the Harris Teeter and McDonald's
- go through the next traffic light (crossing Daniels St)
- Cafe Cyclo is on the left, at the end of the block; you should see
Victoria's Secret on the right
- if I recall correctly, Cafe Cyclo sits around the corner at the
end of the building

Cary:
- either 440, directions above,
- or 40, directions below

Durham/Chapel Hill:
- take I-40 East
- take the Raleigh-Chapel Hill Expswy, Exit 289, toward Wade Ave
- after approx. 3 miles you'll merge straight onto Wade Ave
- after 1.5 to 2 miles take the Oberlin Rd exit, toward Cameron
Village
- turn right/south on Oberlin Rd
- after approx. 0.5 mile you should see Cameron Village on the left
- turn left onto Cameron St, at the Harris Teeter and McDonald's
- go through the next traffic light (crossing Daniels St)
- Cafe Cyclo is on the left, at the end of the block; you should see
Victoria's Secret on the right
- if I recall correctly, Cafe Cyclo sits around the corner at the
end of the building

Raleigh/other points east:
- Oh! I'm sure you know the way...

Other Links: