internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Looking for old-school NES

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Looking for old-school NES
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:02:49 -0500

You can often find the original NES at thrift stores -- I know I saw 2
in Durham's downtown goodwill last year, along with a bunch of other
ancient consoles. Wanted to buy one myself then, but just couldn't
figure out a way to justify it :-)

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:12:23 -0500, Jason Laughlin
<jason AT jasonlaughlin.com> wrote:
> H. Wade Minter wrote:
>
> > A friend of mine is getting married next week, and I'd like to get him
> > an old 8-bit NES and a couple of games as a high-school-flashback
> > gift. Does anyone know where I might find something like that locally?
>
> If you can't find one, the next best thing is the "Classic NES" edition
> of the GameBoy Advance. It's in a pack that comes with Super Mario Bros
> and Legend of Zelda. They still had some in stock at Costco in Durham
> in Decemeber. I think it's around $120.
>
> Jason

Evan

evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com