internetworkers - [internetworkers] Fallout from Jon Stewerts appearance on Crossfire.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Fallout from Jon Stewerts appearance on Crossfire.
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:51:23 -0500

Tucker Carlson Fired, Crossfire Cancelled

Excerpt from an article in CNN:

Mr. Klein said he wanted to move CNN away from what he called "head-butting
debate shows," which have become the staple of much of all-news television
in the prime-time hours, especially at the top-rated Fox News Channel.

"CNN is a different animal," Mr. Klein said. "We report the news. Fox talks
about the news. They're very good at what they do and we're very good at
what we do."

Mr. Klein specifically cited the criticism that the comedian Jon Stewart
leveled at "Crossfire" when he was a guest on the program during the
presidential campaign. Mr. Stewart said that ranting partisan political
shows on cable were "hurting America."

Mr. Klein said last night, "I agree wholeheartedly with Jon Stewart's
overall premise." He said he believed that especially after the terror
attacks on 9/11, viewers are interested in information, not opinion.

See the article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/06/business/media/06crossfire.html?oref=login