internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Ringtone from Auston Powers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Sil Greene" <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Ringtone from Auston Powers
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:30:58 -0500 (EST)

Ian Meyer said:

> I can't do WAV or MIDI per se, i need musical noted to input, or i can
> record it, but it won't be that loud if I just record it

FYI,

"musical notes" == MIDI, or a similar sequencer technology.

"can record it" == WAV, or a similar recording-encoding technology.

those are basically the only options. of course, if you aren't allowed to
transfer a file to the phone, then these two options are somewhat hidden
by the phone's input mechanisms.

see if you can find it as a MID or other sequenced file (not a WAV). i'll
bet you can open it in some audio app (especially a sequencer app) to get
the notes. Slashdot just had a story on an OSS sequencer called
Rosegarden that allows music to be sequenced using classical music
notation; there may be programs out there to take MIDI input and generate
(rudimentary) sheet music (which is what it sounds like you want).

--s