internetworkers - [internetworkers] Tivo

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ken Pugh <kpughmisc AT pughkilleen.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Tivo
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:35:08 -0500

Tivo can act like big brother. Every time it downloads the latest schedule, it uploads all your viewing habits.

However, you can save money and not get tracked by not subscribing to their service. Okay, you actually have to look at a TV schedule and manually enter the information. But I figure if I'm not willing to do at least that, I probably shouldn't be watching the show anyway.

You can also hack your Tivo to get rid of the history, I think. Check out Tivo hacking on google.

Ken