internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac OS X "Opener"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac OS X "Opener"
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:32:56 -0500

Yay! for being 'noticed' :-)

It's still not a big threat if one is careful about installers from
what I understand -- it can't install itself without someone
authorizing it.

Knowing OSX's vulnerabilities are likely to be similar to those of
*nix, does anyone know if there have been any truly nasty
virii/malware on *nix platforms? Something for Mac users to look
forward to?

Evan