internetworkers - [internetworkers] very disturbing figure

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] very disturbing figure
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:32:19 -0400

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&e=6&u=/ap/20041028/ap_on
_re_mi_ea/iraq_death_toll_4

By EMMA ROSS, AP Medical Writer

LONDON - A survey of deaths in Iraqi households estimates that as many as
100,000 more people may have died throughout the country in the 18 months
after the U.S. invasion than would be expected based on the death rate
before the war.

The study was based on limited surveys, but it's still very disturbing to
think that our policies and our actions have caused 100,000 innocent people
to die.