internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The tables of David and Lee

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The tables of David and Lee
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:15:05 -0400 (EDT)

04.10.07 07:27 from James Dasher:

.:>> Right-on! Freedom was just around the corner in Iraq
.:>> before we invaded and screwed it all up!
.:>
.:> I'm so proud to be a citizen of the country that is so generously
.:> giving Freedom to the Afghans, the Iraqis, and soon the rest of
.:> the world. Especially when events here at home make it clear that
.:> we don't have the first clue what freedom is. Amerika! Amerika!
.:> Amerika!
.:
.:You know I love you, Sil, but that's a little ridiculous.
.:

Sadly, it's not. I caught an interview with Arthur Schlesinger last night
where he said something very similar. I don't recall the exact quote, but
you can listen to the program here:

http://www.onpointradio.org/shows/2004/10/20041006_a_main.asp

Listen for the parts where he talks about losing sight of democracy. My
comment might have made the point with an assload of sarcasm, but there
are plenty of others who think this way. If you want to stick your head
in the sand, fine, but you're just making it easier for someone to come
around and kick your ass whenever they want to.

--s