internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The tables of David and Lee

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The tables of David and Lee
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 07:29:52 -0400

At what point does it become true then? Must the persons themselves be
on the record saying, "My name is William and I am a Neoconservative"?
I don't see it as a slur, by the way, just as I don't see liberal or
conservative as slurs -- it's all in how it's practiced in my mind.

I look at articles like this at CS:
http://www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/index.html
and feel pretty confident in the analysis there. I get the sense that
the word has taken on rather unfortunate (but in my mind, well
deserved) baggage for those who fit the mold, and as such there is a
lot of disavowal going on. That doesn't mean it simply stopped being
true.
The godfather you mention speaks out here
http://www.weeklystandard.com/content/public/articles/000/000/003/000tzmlw.asp
on the subject. I see no disavowal there, but in fact an effort to
suck more people in, including the president, rather than exclude
them. My reading was quick though so maybe I'm missing something.

I'm not trying to nitpick, but it seems commonplace these days to
simply say it ain't so when there is substantial evidence to the
contrary. Anyway :-)

> Y'all have a great week -

You too.

Evan