internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Charity

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Charity
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:40:36 -0400

We'd prefer the charity to be both secular and
> non-political, and would like to see our efforts make a lasting
> difference, as opposed to the "give a man a fish" mentality of soup
> kitchens, etc.

[JR>] personally, I like giving people fish at a soup kitchen. More
accurately, I like washing their trays and plan to go back to do more of the
same:

Church of the Good Shephard
125 Hillsborough St.
Raleigh NC 27603
Phone: 919-831-2010
Fax: 919-831-2005

No one made me pray to the bullhead or pledge a vote. Seemed like a cool
group of folks when I went for the first time the other week.