internetworkers - [internetworkers] RSS feed on ASP page?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Kelly Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RSS feed on ASP page?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:08:23 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone successfully implemented an RSS feed from various sources into
an ASP page on IIS 5.0? I have no actual experience with writing ASP code
but I found what seemed like a quick way to get a page up - see
http://home.att.net/~codeLibrary/XML/rss.htm
for the example. I did exactly as the tutorial specified but keep getting
this error:

error '800c0005'
/news/newsfeed.asp, line 11

Line 11 on my page is xmlhttp.Send from the following sequence:

Dim xmlhttp
Set xmlhttp = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
xmlhttp.Open "GET", sourceFile, false
xmlhttp.Send

I can send out the page itself to interested parties.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
KJ