internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] European voltage question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] European voltage question
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:58:07 -0400

> Rated Input: 100 - 240 V AC (50/60 Hz)
Yeah, I thought that this was the operative information!
...just changing a plug and powering a device rated for US 110 volts w/220 (whatever....), Ouch! ...fried!
But I like this
>The power supply ...works across the whole range of voltages, and at either frequency
Truly these are modern, global, times;-)
Ed W.

At 01:31 PM 8/27/2004 -0400, you wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 13:19, Tony Spencer wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out if I need anything other than a plug adapter to use
> my Canon digital camera battery charger in France.
>
> The specifications on the charger say:
> Rated Input: 100 - 240 V AC (50/60 Hz)
>
> France (according to
> http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm):
> 230 V - 50 Hz
>
> So does this mean that my charger will work with no converter?

Yep, all you need is the plug adapter. The power supply for the battery
charger is set up to work across the whole range of voltages, and at
either frequency. This is common among many types of advanced
electronics these days; it certainly makes it much easier to travel!

Jeremy
| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |