internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] parade in Chapel Hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tarus Balog <tarus AT opennms.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] parade in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:39:26 -0400

On Aug 26, 2004, at 1:22 PM, Thomas wrote:

Anybody remember the Klan march in Chapel Hill some years back? The march is back, in new guise:

http://www.g105.com/pride_parade.html

I don't have much problem with this. Bob is a radio personality that has to do outrageous things in order to keep people listening (I stopped listening to him many, many, years ago). It does state, in caps "DON'T MENTION OR MAKE FUN OF ANY OTHER GROUP" and while they may not be able to do it (some would say "Flaming Heterosexual" is making fun of homosexuals) it does seem to be more of a publicity stunt than hate.

-T
Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer Main: +1 919 545
2553
Blast Internet Services, Inc. Fax: +1
503-961-7746
Email: tarus AT opennms.org URL:
http://www2.blast.com/tarus
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481 512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C