internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Virus Removal Help Needed!!!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin Miller <kevinm AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Virus Removal Help Needed!!!
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:08:16 -0400

> Once again I'm throwing myself on the mercy of internetworkers to help
> me fix what I can only describe as a virus.

In Internet Explorer, visit Tools:Internet Options:Connections. If
"Dial whenever a network connection is not present" is checked, you
can change this to "Never dial a connection".

Or maybe you want this:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/tips/cosden1.mspx

You probably also want to run AdAware or similar to check for malware.

Google returns a number of hits for "rasautou".

-Kevin