internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DNC's speeches free on iTunes (includes Barack'sspeech)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DNC's speeches free on iTunes (includes Barack'sspeech)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:07:21 -0400

On Aug 3, 2004, at 2:49 PM, Shea Tisdale wrote:

Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. Am I the only one who thinks this
Obama guy is entirely over rated? So far his only true claim to fame is
that his opponent Jack Ryan was married to Jerry Ryan and they divorced over
some sexual issues involving sex clubs.

I think Obama is one of the best orators I've ever heard. He entered the six-way senate primary as an unknown, and ended up winning with over 50% of the vote, winning even all white districts where past support for black candidates would conceivably be spotty. I think is true claim to fame is he speaks to a potentially large constituency that crosses existing racial, class, and hopefully party boundaries.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC