internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Palm password keeper?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chris Grindstaff <chris AT gstaff.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Palm password keeper?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:22:41 -0400

Tuesday, August 3, 2004, 10:05:34 AM, you wrote:

MC> Does anyone on the list use their Palm Pilot to store usernames and
MC> passwords? I've been doing that for years, and have accumulated a lot
MC> of sensitive financial information that I can't risk losing the device.
MC> Can anyone recommend a Palm application that will securely store this
MC> stuff, yet let me get at is easily? There's a bunch of those type of
MC> programs out there, and was hoping someone could make a recommendation.

MC> Thanks,

Hello Michael,

I've used http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net/ in the past.
Open source. Last I checked the desktop viewer is read-only. Seems to
be somewhat active.

http://www.splashdata.com/splashid/index.htm is often recommended.
$29.95. Desktop viewer supports edit. Larger size, color icons, better
T3 support. Seems to be active.

http://www.deepnettech.com/memosafe.html I purchased long long ago and
still use. $7 Desktop viewer is read-only. Small size, old school.
Hasn't been updated in many years.

Both of the commercial options have try before buy options.

HTH,
Chris
--
Chris Grindstaff | http://gstaff.org