internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Barack Obama speech

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Barack Obama speech
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:25:11 -0400 (EDT)

Reported 04.07.28 08:56 from Thomas:
.:
.:I'm going off to C-SPAN.org to watch the video of it now.
.:

Thomas, did you happen to find it? Post a link if you can find it again.
I went looking yesterday but maybe it wasn't up yet.

.:Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
.:
.:> Its too damn bad his speech was only broadcast on PBS. No matter. This
.:> guy is going to be catapulted from being the only black man in the
.:> senate to being a national household name in short order.
.:>

I'm surprised no one's called you on this already, Mike. He's only an
Illinois state senator at present. He *will* be the only black man in
the senate, if he wins his upcoming election. (Which... *ahem* ...might
be a reason the Dems made him a keynote speaker.)

Actually, he'll be the third black senator since Reconstruction. It
amazes me -- tho it doesn't surprise me -- that we've only had two in
that amount of time.

--s