internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Jurors [was: legal outrage...]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: raustin3 AT nc.rr.com
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Jurors [was: legal outrage...]
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:23:56 -0400

----- Original Message -----
> From: Marcia
> The lady told me I didn't have to go, the "invitation"
> had been a mistake. So I asked where they got my name
> from, and she said they get people's names when
> they register to vote.. so I said I'd never registered to vote, I
> can't vote here! She didn't know what to say.

They also use automobile registration info from what I have
been told. I hope they use more than voter registration since
so few people actually register and vote.
I was called a while back for duty, but I just sat around all
day. A group got called down once to a courtroom and they
selected a pool from all of us. The remainder of us got sent
home since that was the only trial that day. The courthouse
seems to be empty most of the time.
Note to you all, be sure to take a book or some other reading
material if you get called for jury duty. The magazines in the
waiting area were normal low end material.

You also bring up a point that you can't vote. Perhaps we need
to allow non citizens to vote. It could improve the outcome. It
would definitely improve the turnout since so few citizens make
it to the polls.