internetworkers - [internetworkers] REMINDER: INW for July 2004

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] REMINDER: INW for July 2004
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:27:38 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: anonymous
Date: July 1, 2004 12:57:06 PM EDT
To: David Matusiak
Subject: INW for July

Is there an INW meeting tonight? The website doesn't list one.

Hello all --

There *IS* an InterNetWorkers meeting tonight!! It is being held in Carrboro at the Weaver Street Market. As Paul suggested, there will be beer and wine and food and music and dancing. And there is a 90% chance that I will bring my puppy dog Alva.

Sorry the web site was not updated in time for this month's meeting. It appears as if our web team has been distracted by cute canines, humanoid births, a heavy influx of college students, and a host of other things. Regardless, Inet-Dev is on the scene and the INW web site promises to be "real spiff, real soon."

Hope to see you all out doing the hippie noodle dance on the lawn in front of the Weave tonite! Also, please note that the "event" begins an hour earlier than normal -- i.e. 6:00 PM instead of 7:00 PM. Even if you can't make it until 7:00 or later, it would be great to see you!

dave ;)
--
Thursday evenings is the time of Weaver Street Afterhours not far from
Tyler's. Outside. Live music. Many food choices. Wine and beer.

What:
After Hours, 6-8 PM
The Outliers

When:
Thursday, July 1, 2004 at 6:00 PM

Where:
on the lawn in Carrboro

One of Carrboro's hottest events. Hundreds of people gather to picnic
under the oaks and try a new beer or wine. Favorite local bands create an
intimate musical show in the heart of the crowd and an impomptu dance for
kids and adults alike. Local nonprofit groups grill food for sale on the
lawn while the Weaver Street Market kitchen serves up picnic-friendly
favorites inside. Relax, watch the sunset, and meet friends...come to
After Hours!

In this Session:
Enjoy hacker swing, homegrown in Carrboro (aka, Hot Club of Paris of the
Piedmont). The People's Channel will be grilling dinner on the lawn.

  • [internetworkers] REMINDER: INW for July 2004, matusiak, 07/01/2004