internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] mosquito treatment

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Joe Komenda <komejo AT komejo.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] mosquito treatment
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:49:26 -0400

There are a number of CO2 traps on the market, most burn propane:
Coleman Mosquito Deletoâ„¢ System, $150.00
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=124113-60627-2910-100

Mosquito Magnet - $300
http://tinyurl.com/2c5bh

The Biter-Fighter is a more environmentally friendly device:
http://www.kentuckylake.com/biterfighter.htm
$160.00

Haven't tried any of these things - I just use bug spray.

Joe K
===============
matusiak wrote:

Can anyone recommend an effective mosquito treatment for ~1/4 acre near a creek?

So far, those I've received include:

1. Always have citronella burning.
2. Put goldfish in nearby creek (to eat larva).
3. Napalm the region.

I'm looking for something that doesn't always have to be burning and that, hopefully, will have minor impact on the local ecology. Someone else mentioned a device that burns gas to create heat, which attracts the mosquitos and then they are sucked in and, I guess, cremated.

Thanks for any suggestions!
dave m.

--
Sent using some type of software on a computer.
Guaranteed 100% Internet Delivery!