internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Pictures of Washington DC WW2 Memorial

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Pictures of Washington DC WW2 Memorial
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 23:13:54 -0400

Sil Greene said the following on 6/4/04 7:24 PM:

thanks for sharing, tom; those are nice pics. i've heard a lot of media hullaballoo about this thing, especially criticism over the design, but no one's actually shown the thing. guess they all assume i've seen the videos on tv news. now that i've seen it, i don't know what all the fuss is about. actually seems rather well-designed.

What I've never heard is whether they had to shrink the reflecting pool
to put it in. Once of the nice, lesser known things about that area
was that the only place that the entire Washington monument showed up in the
reflecting pool was where Lincoln's eyes are located. If they had to
shrink the pool, that would have changed. Or, if they have blocked part of
the pool by the monument. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace AT wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton