internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Iron Chef America

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: bethellison AT netscape.net (Beth)
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org ("Internetworkers: http://www.ibib lio.org/internetworkers/")
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Iron Chef America
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:07:56 -0400

Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com> wrote:

>I was actually thinking that it would be interesting to have had him as
>one of the American Iron Chefs, I sometimes end up watching his show
>after the regular IC and i think he's great

Who you talking about, Ian? Tony Bourdain, by chance?

Whether or not you are, he wrote a book called Kitchen Confidential. It's
great. It's especially "touching" for those of us who have ever worked in the
kitchen trenches. I spent 6 months as a full time dishwasher and a year as a
line/prep cook (AFTER i graduated from college). Kitchen work ain't easy or
glamorous. But it'll put hair on your chest, as my pappy used to say.

He also said that about eating green beans.

Beth

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.