internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "Liberal" talk radio network goes live today

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "Liberal" talk radio network goes live today
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:41:20 -0500

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 10:02, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
> FYI, Al Franken's new radio talk show goes live today on the Air
> America Network at 12noon:
>
> http://www.airamericaradio.com/
>
> There's no local radio station broadcasting the show, so you'll have to
> find a streaming source to one of the stations carrying it, if that's
> even possible. The stations I looked into were tiny and didn't have
> streaming audio capability. The web site is just a single page for now
> and there's no way to stream the show from the actual site, but they're
> just getting started.
>
> I'm excited to see a counterpoint to the disinformation being put out
> by the "genius" with "talent on loan from god" from the author of:

The funny thing is, the only way that "Air America Radio" could get some
of its stations to carry them is by purchasing the stations. Other
stations are being paid to carry the programming by the network. Yet
even so they are only starting off with 6 stations.

Will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

This is in contrast to the conservative talk shows like Rush Limbaugh
and Sean Hannitty which operate on a much more free market principle --
stations pay the NETWORK for the privilege of carrying their popular
programming. Advertisers then pay the stations and the network for
carrying their ads. Instead, this is more like a big political ad,
instead of a product that people want and will pay for (through
listenership and advertisement).

Also the web site http://www.airamericaradio.com/ is pretty brain-dead
stupid, it lists "The O'Franken Factor from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m." Um,
maybe they should list a time zone !?

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |