internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] ipods for cheap!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Frye, Matthew" <Matthew.Frye AT rexhealth.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] ipods for cheap!
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:48:10 -0500

>'The thief then asked Baskerville if he was listening to an iPod and,
>receiving an affirmative answer, he "pulled a knife out and started waving
>it at me, saying: .Well hand it over, then.. I gave it to him and he ran
>off. He must have known I was wearing an iPod because of the white
>headphones."

A similar thing happened to my friend Mike on the subway in NYC, but his
response was a sarcastic, "You're gonna stab me in public if I don't give
you my iPod?! How about I beat your a** instead?" As he and another friend
reported the incident, after a tense 15 second stare down, the would-be
thief put the knife away and moved to another part of the train. Mike told
me that he was indeed scared out his mind about getting stabbed, but that he
worked many hours in a hot kitchen for that iPod, and no loser was going to
steal it from him, at least not without taking a little lip first.

MPF