internetworkers - [internetworkers] *nix timestamps

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] *nix timestamps
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:29:37 -0500 (EST)

...so who's watching the game? You know "The Game" (as opposed to "THE
Game", which would be the baseball version).

Not me, obviously. If it's not football, then I don't bother watching.
Yeah, "football" ... not this American Rugby crap they *think* is
football...

So AnyWay! ... does Unix record creation dates? If so, how do I view the
creation date for a given file or directory. "ls" will give me the
modification date, but I don't see anything in the man about creation
dates.

thanks!
Alan