internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] H. sapiens and music

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] H. sapiens and music
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:17:55 -0400

> ...hmmm... I wonder if there have been any psychological,
physiological,
> genetic, evolutionary, linguistic, or whatever other studies done
about
> the relationship humankind has with music.

For the specifics of human brain wiring, "User's Guide To The Brain" is
a great book. Very informative and very readable.

http://www.ebookmall.com/alpha-titles/Users-Guide-to-the-Brain-Raty-Knop
f-cr.htm

http://archives.theconnection.org/archive/2001/02/0202a.shtml

As for the connection between music and humans:

First, I'd like for you to consider the different types of human
communication (email, telephone, face-to-face) in terms of bandwidth.
Let me hypothesize that face-to-face communication has much higher
bandwidth than the others, and telephone has higher bandwidth than
email.

So, what is the delta between telephone and email, assuming the same
message?

Fallow music.

What is the delta between telephone and face-to-face?

Fallow dance.

Cheers!