internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] 6 great gorilla suit movies

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] 6 great gorilla suit movies
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:16:25 -0400

on Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:45:40AM -0400, Bill Geschwind wrote:
> This may be the first time I have ever admitted this publicly, but I
> spent one summer in college (summer of '85) working at Showbiz Pizza
> Place in Greensboro (since then acquired by Chuck-E-Cheese), and they
> had an obese bear as a mascot, and I got to wear the bear suit a few
> times.

Heh. I got my second job in high school by temping as a chicken for the
first anniversary celebration of "The Hawk's Nest", a convenience store
owned by a guy named Dick Hawkins. We mostly just stood by the side of
Route 1-A and threw candy at the cars, but it was fun, in that "I've
never been so close to heat exhaustion in my life because of this stupid
suit" kind of way.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier