internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] anti-spam

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT spamcop.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] anti-spam
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 21:55:25 -0400

I gave up. I just paid Spamcop.net $3.95 a month to suck down my email for me.

It's insane. The twits are relentless. It was bad enough when I hosted my own email server on some obscure cable network, but when I moved my server to a hosting company the spam tripled.

So they know what IP ranges are hosting companies, and target them it seems.

Laws need to be put into place. And to make it worse, to make them work you'll need to have some form of tracking, which will intrude and make email require identification to get, etc. Ruining the spirit of the internet in my opinion.