internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] PS: one tiny addendum

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] PS: one tiny addendum
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:22:08 -0400

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 02:20 pm, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> NO ONE should be PAID to investigate "Cyber-crime" if they can neither
> UNDERSTAND, nor DEFINE "Cyber-crime."

Cyber-crime: break of Cyber-Law

Cyber-Law: the... errr... mmm... Was it something about the rules that you
agree upon when joining a Quake-3 server?

The one that I like the most is: Cyber-terrorism. What is Cyber-terrorism?
This is my take on it:

>From 'Routers':
** Flash Notice **
** Headline News following**

Cyber-terror strikes again

e-N@styT3rror1sts, a cyber-terrorism has claimed responsability on the latest
cyber-terrorist attack that left 25,000 AOL users without email for 12
minutes. "Our e-God is bigger and better than yours, you pesky AOL-users!
With this e-strike, we have shown our ultimate power! W3 0wn j00!" said
Sup3r-Dud3, the leader of the e-evil cell in his blog
http://www.satanliveshere.com/~user25.

CNN interviewed Susan M., 82 y.o. from Cambridge, MA. Susan M. is one of the
unfortunate 25,000 users that were affected by the e-attack. "I was surprised
at first when I didn't heard the annoying 'You Got Mail!" for about 10
minutes", said Susan. "First I thought that AOL 64,2 newanti-spam measures
were working, as I only get Spam this days, but shortly, I was hearing the
dreaded 'You Got Mail!' announcement and observed in awe how my inbox was
filling with 'enlarge your p*n*s', 'Urgent business from Nigeria' and 'get
rich quick' messages". As you can read, the users are still in shock.

With this last attack, we reach a new record: 27 cyber-attacks in one day.
With this new level of threat, Ulisses R. Bad, 48, the Security Czar has
raised the amergency level from "Mango-colour" to "the color of that dress
that my wife bought at J.C.Penneys last Saturday", said Mr. Bad to the press
gathered around his blog http://honchos.whitehouse.gov/~urbad .

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Stallman Reads my Tutorials! http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/Steel/rms.html