internetworkers - [internetworkers] Fun -- need a team -- PUZZLES!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Gina Norman" <gina.norman AT nortelnetworks.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Jeff Bacon \(E-mail 2\)" <bacon AT bluecg.com>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Fun -- need a team -- PUZZLES!
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:40:15 -0400

Title: Fun -- need a team -- PUZZLES!

Ok... Manbites Dog theater is sponsoring a "puzzlehunt" this coming Sunday afternoon, May 11. (Free Team Registration noon to 1 p.m. in Central Park, Durham.  Puzzles/Performances run from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.  Final Puzzles announced at 3:15 p.m.  Announcement of solutions and winners begin at 3:30 p.m.)

Here's a URL with more info:  http://www.manbitesdogtheater.org/2/

In a nutshell, this sounds like the Great Tropic Hunt (in Miami) that I was rambling on about a few weeks ago (see msg. at bottom).  The deal is that there are several big puzzles, most of which will require an "a-ha" moment to solve, tho there may be some standard issue puzzle bits, like anagrams or crosswords involved.

Here's info about last year's puzzle hunt:  http://www.manbitesdogtheater.org/22/  Notice that all the questions lead you to a numeric answer... this is pretty common for this kind of thing.

Teams are allowed (and encouraged) and increase your chances of winning ... I'd *really* like to do this and am almost sure there are some other "puzzle people" in INW who'd make a good team.  Anyone interested?  (I have 2 FRS radios, which are very helpful in keeping in touch with team members... anyone else have those?)

Let me know! (funfunfun)

-Gina

Did anyone else ever play the Tropic Hunt game in Miami? This is the year I played:  http://www.vwtech.com/tropichunt/year_detail.asp?huntyear=1994 (with Stephen, unsurprisingly).

I'd also be *thoroughly* interested in a group trip to one of these to compete.  It is the most fun -- imagine 10,000+ puzzle-ppl (the sort who subscribe to Games magazine and do the whole NYT crossword puzzle) in the same place at the same time doing much-larger-than-life puzzles.  Geek heaven.

:)

  • [internetworkers] Fun -- need a team -- PUZZLES!, Gina Norman, 05/05/2003