internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] addendum to Apple link

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] addendum to Apple link
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:15:37 -0400

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 08:23 PM, Craig Duncan wrote:

This is the second QT link in as many days, I think. Is there a way to
view QT on Linux browsers? I have not had much luck finding a plugin.

I had great luck with the "CrossOver Plugin" from www.codeweavers.com. Its based on Wine, and cost $25, but was a painless way to add the capability of playing a bunch of different media formats on Linux, including Quicktime and Windows Media.

Sure, there probably was a way to get the same capability free, but the way I see it, it would have cost me way more than $25 in my time getting a substitute installed and working.

Run, run, run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the stinky cheese man!
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC