internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wills vs. Revokable Living Trusts

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wills vs. Revokable Living Trusts
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:42:58 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Diana Duncan wrote:
->Sorry for the morbid topic, I went to my Uncle's extremely unexpected
->funeral just last weekend, so it got me thinking about proper planning.

Lots of death has been in the air lately, and it got me thinking about a
will too.

What's the benefit to purchasing will-making software and doing it that
way? Does one still need to get a will notarised or somehow officially
sanctioned?

I'm interested in this topic too - not that I have that much to leave
(except debt) but there are certain people I would like to include in my
leavings who aren't necessarily next-of-kin.

Thanks,
Cheers
KJ

"One more drink, and I'll be belligerent!"
-- Isaiah, accepting another drink, Mardi Gras 2003
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly <@> unc.edu