internetworkers - [internetworkers] chinese food - Big Bowl

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Wolfe, Joanna)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] chinese food - Big Bowl
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:52:25 -0500

Well, I went back to Big Bowl with a friend who wanted to try it.
Comments:
I was disappointed with the cold sesame noodles (entree order) - on
the combo appetizer they don't have chicken, and I prefer them that
way.
The vegetable steamed dumpling were not as good as before - they had
been doused in soy sauce, but on the appetizer combo they were plain
steamed with a variety of dipping sauces.
I was a bit disappointed with the Shrimp Pad Thai. It was okay, but
nothing stellar and certainly not as good as the Thai restaraunt on
54 (near the Harris Teeter) in Chapel Hill.
All in all, more like a chain.
I agree Pao Lim is better.
Joanna