internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Insensitive Response

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Art2mis Duncan)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Insensitive Response
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:04:22 -0500

I'd say that most of the people who treated Dave "badly" were either 1) p=
eople=20
who don't actually know him or come to meetings or 2) people who know him=
=20
well enough to respond, sometimes with possibly inappropriate language, a=
nd I=20
doubt he took them seriously. It's pretty much one voice that I see as a=
n=20
outright antagonist in this list, and many of us have relegated him to th=
e=20
kill-file. Many of us love Dave and happily read his rants, and even mor=
e=20
happily disagree with him when we think he's wrong. He relishes his role=
as=20
provocateur, and knows how to receive the possibly vehement responses,=20
usually with humor, many times with thoughtful discourse.

I wouldn't take today too seriously...like many have said, those of us wh=
o=20
actually do get together are really nice people. Craig and I have met ma=
ny=20
of our best friends here.

Diana