internetworkers - [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Jeff Bacon)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:38:41 -0500

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 10:08:20PM -0500, Bill Geschwind wrote:
> Offensive strategy? Imagine how much money the taxpayer could save if we
> could outsource 'The Army of One' to a country in the region of the
> conflict. No need to deploy our local boys halfway around the globe. The
> savings in transportation costs alone would be staggering!

That's a good idea, but that would be getting ahead of ourselves;
we are still a young empire and still hold some naive notions
about rights and freedoms and stuff like that. Employing
mercenaries wholesale to outsource the death and bloodshed
is a more advanced topic in empire-building. Give it a bit.

-bacon